August 9 – 12, 2017
As an extension of PFC’s acclaimed TFIC series spanning over a decade, this 4-day course aims to provide students with the skills needed to safely design, instruct, and implement practical reality-based training. All instruction involves the proper use and application of Non-Lethal Training Ammunition (NLTA) with common Force-on-Force training systems such as UTM or Sims FX.
TFIC-ST is designed specifically for the instructor tasked with delivering Force-on-Force training modules or other Simulation Training Exercises. The use of NLTA is valuable for firearms instructors looking to provide stress-based training that prepares students to prevail in combative encounters. Through the application of different exercise models, use of NLTA exposes students to fluid, reality-based simulations that are dynamic and intense, but safe. Due to the nature and practicality of NLTA, quality training can be conducted anywhere despite venue limitations, live fire range restrictions, or poor weather conditions.
Topics and blocks of instruction in this course include:
- Modern Teaching Methods & PFC’s Instructor Development Module
- Use-of-Force Considerations & Legal Review
- NLTA/Force-on-Force Technologies & Training Systems
- Benefits & Limitations of Available Training Systems
- Simulation Training Safety
- Elements of a Simulation Training Program
- Universal Learning Objectives
- Types of Simulation Training Exercises & Applications
- Reality-Based Training Development & Implementation
- Facility Requirements & Considerations
- Training Team Organization & Role-player Guidelines
- Simulation Training Equipment Guidelines
- Student Requirements & Recommendations
- Skill Building Exercises & Drill Development
- PFC’s 4-Dimensional Gunfighting Module & “Mover-Mover” Drill Series
- Scenario Development & Construction
- Simulation Training Applications for Tactical & Specialized Units
- Proper Scenario Execution & Exercise Control
- Conducting Exercise Debriefs
- Training Evaluations & Documenting Student Performance
- TFIC-ST Written Exam
- Limited Scope Performance Test (LSPT)
- Student-Led Exercise Construction & Delivery
Whatever your mission or tactics, this material and instructor development will improve your simulation training program. Certification is achieved through comprehensive testing and evaluation of instructor knowledge, skills, and abilities. Unlike other train-the-trainer courses, this certification is not rubber-stamped. Graduates must earn their certificate through testing methods that measure and demonstrate instructor capability. Administrators and end users can have the confidence in knowing that their trainers who’ve completed this program possess the credentials to deliver professional, safe, and effective reality-based training.
Course restricted to approved public safety, government, and protective services personnel.
Enrolled participants are provided a Student Information Guide (SIG) that details location information, training times, student equipment, nearby hotels, etc.
Student Equipment Requirements:
- Practical duty equipment to include duty belt and individual gear
- Duty handgun with UTM or Sims FX weapon conversion kit
- 500 rounds of UTM or Sims FX handgun NLTA
- Duty carbine with UTM or Sims FX weapon conversion kit (optional)
- UTM or Sims FX carbine NLTA (optional)
- High intensity hand-held flashlight
- Handcuffs with key
- Practical duty attire to include long pants and long-sleeve shirts
- Protective/tactical gloves suitable for weapon manipulations
- Athletic cup style groin protection
- UTM or Sims FX PPE to include full mask and throat collar
- Note-taking material
Participants may use PFC-provided student Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and/or weapon conversion kits at no additional cost through prior arrangement and coordination with the PFC Training staff at least 30 days in advance.
*** Simulation Training Instructor Certification is valid for 3 years. ***
Mobile training programs are available with a minimum of 12 students and agencies may earn free course slots for hosting. Contact PFC to learn more about host requirements.
NOTE: Ultimate Training Munitions (UTM) products are available for purchase through PFC Loadout (www.PFCloadout.com). Special packages that combine discounted equipment and training can be organized for large group/agency orders. For sales information or a custom quote, contact: Info@PFCloadout.com
For more information or to discuss a training event, please contact: PFC HQ by phone: (702) 647-1126 or by email: Info@PFCtraining.com
Course Tuition: $995.00 per student